How to Change the Name and Password on Linksys Wireless Router
If you have forgotten your WiFi’s password or even its network name (SSID) also, you don’t have to worry because this guide has all the necessary instructions to pull you out of this situation. This guide will also tell you how to change the name and password on Linksys wireless router.
Follow the below Instructions to find the linksyssmartwifi password:-
- 1: Firstly open the router’s setup page.
- 2: Locate the Setup in the toolbar and Click Wireless.
- 3: A configuration view will open up. Select Manual to view the settings.
- 4: here you can check the Wireless Network details; SSID name and password details.
- Once you get to know the details it is advised to note it down for future reference. Make sure to note them correctly as these details are case sensitive.
- Also, there will be a TX key which indicates the correct password of your routers among the different keys on the screen.
How to change the name and Password on Linksys Wireless Router?
Upon successful installation of these three:
- Linksys Wi-Fi router
- Linksys connect software
Post their installation, a unique network name and password is generated. We always recommend changing that generated password for the security of your Linksys Smart Wifi network. Making a note of that password after you change is also advised for the future reference in case you forget it.
Follow the below given Steps to change the linksysmartwifi com password:-
1: Launch Linksys Connect on your computer or Laptop.
2: Through the Linksys connect window, locate and select router settings and then click Change.
3: Then go to the Personalize section, here you will see Modify the router’s name and password, click on it.
4: To confirm that you are changing the username and password of Linksys Router,a Pop up window will appear on the screen.
5: To confirm your action, you need to click Yes. It will again prompt to another Login window.
6: Type the username and password that you wish to keep for your Linksys Router. Step 7: Click Change, once done changing the password.
8: Linksys connect will update the settings without rebooting your whole linksys system.
9: Click finish to return on the main screen.
If you have forgotten Linksys router password, the only solution is to Reset your router and go back to its factory settings. Also, if linksyssmartwifi settings seems complicated to you and you wish to personalise your Linksys Smart WiFi again, you can reset it to its factory default settings.
How do I Reset my Linksys router?
Note: Reset brings your Linksys Router back to its factory default settings. All the administrative settings will be erased and you have to personalize your Linksys Router again.
Follow the below steps to RESET your Linksys Router Issue:-
- Locate the RESET button on your Linksys Router.
- It is either available at the back of your Linksys router or at the bottom.
- Once found the RESET button, Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- The LED light of Linksys Router will start blinking during the reset process.
- It will stop blinking when the Linksys Router RESET process is complete.
- You need to turn OFF the Linksys router and turn it ON again.
- You can also unplug and re-plug the Linksys router’s power adapter.
- Restore the factory default settings by logging into the Linksys Router admin page
- Launch a web browser on a connected device such as your computer and open any browser in it.
- In the URL/ address bar enter https://www.linksyssmartwifi.com or its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
- Once the Login page is prompted, enter the default user credentials to login.
- On the Home Page, locate the Administration, just move the cursor on it.
- Under the Administration tab, you will see Factory Defaults sub-tab, select it.
- Under this tap, you’ll see Restore Factory Defaults, click it to get the default settings restored.