Linksys router login has now become quite instant and trouble-free. You can sign in to your Linksys re7000 extender setup using an internet browser in your computer device. Linksys smart WIFI login process itself is self-explanatory and requires only a few minutes to complete. It covers your DSL internet connection configuration, wireless network setup, router update, etc. You can login to your Linksys smart WIFI even using the mobile app available for all kinds of Android and iOS devices.
Before Setup Notes for Linksys RE7000 Extender Setup
- Use a device like a computer with LAN slots to connect to the re7000.
- An Ethernet cable is required to connect your Linksys re7000 with the computer.
- Use another Ethernet cable to connect the modem with your Linksys device.
- Connect Linksys re7000 device to the power slot using the power adapter.
- Make sure the power LED on your device is solid before you move on to Linksys router login.
Simple Steps for Linksys RE7000 Extender Setup
- Get a web browser and launch it through your computer or PC. The computer or PC must be connected to your router via an Ethernet cable.
- Use the LAN ports available on your Linksys re7000 extender setup and the computer.
- In a browser that you have just launched through your computer enter, linksyssmartwifi.com
- The domain that you entered into the address bar of the browser will redirect you to the Linksys router login page.
- Linksys router login authentication page requires the default username and password.
- By default both the credentials (username and password) are admin.
- Enter admin into the field marked with SSID. Again, enter admin into the field marked password.
- Now you have successfully logged into the basic home page of your Linksys smart WIFI router.
Linksys re7000 Extender Setup using the IP Address
- In your computer, if it has an active internet, launch a web browser.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Click enter after entering the IP address.
- You are at the Linksys router login window of your Linksys re7000 device.
- The login window requires a username and password.
- Enter the passphrase ‘admin’ at the username and password field.
- Now you have logged into the administrator console of Linksys re7000 setup.
- You are now eligible to access the configuration screen.
- The computer and the router have to be on the same network to access its local address.
Linksys RE7000 Password Change from Default to Unique
- Log in to the web-based management page of Linksys router login.
- Launch a web browser, enter linksyssmartwifi.com into the search bar.
- Tap on the ‘Enter key’ and input admin at the SSID field.
- Enter the same passphrase ‘admin’ at the password field.
- Tap login, and now you are at the web-based management page of your re7000.
- Go to the router settings. Select WIFI network settings, and then select the Basic tab.
- Look for basic settings, and tap the option edit.
- On your screen, enter the default password.
- After that, enter a new password that you want to replace with the default.
- Tap save, and your settings have applied.
Reset the Linksys RE7000 Extender Setup when Forgot the Password
If you forgot the password and username of your Linksys re7000 extender setup, reset is required at that time. When there is no other option, you should reset the router to the factory default configuration. Resetting the device to the factory default configuration gives it a fresh start. After resetting, Linksys router login page will appear.
1. Linksys Router Reset via Reset Key
- The first is to use the Linksys Router Reset Button
- Locate the reset button on the top of your Linksys re7000 setup, or might have situated at the bottom.
- With the help of a mobile screw or a reset pin, press the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Pressing your Linksys reset button for ten seconds means to hold it up. After that, release it.
- After relieving the reset key, the router LED will start flashing quickly.
- Your Linksys router will acquire its default configurations.
Pro tip: – You may again set a unique password using the same steps described above.
2. Linksys Router Reset with a Web Browser
- Log in to the Linksys re7000 setup admin panel of your device.
- Open a browser; enter 192.168.1.1 followed by the SSID and the password.
- On the Linksys router login page, open the factory resetting menu.
- Select the reset option and click on it. Observe the power LED on your router.
- If the power LED on your Linksys router begins flashing, then it is going back to the default administrative settings.
Pro tip: – This method is only useful for those who have a proper internet connection. If you have lost the internet connection, then you can use the previous method to reset your wireless router.
Linksys re7000 extender setup is the most flexible whole-home Mesh WIFI system a that can deliver ultra-fast, flawless WIFI, and Full-strength signals whenever and wherever you need. The Linksys router is specially designed to fit in any environment, regardless of the size of your home, office, or wherever the internet comes in. For more information visit our website